Friday, February 5, 2016

Strength & Health TV - Episode 26: A Simple Workout for GPP and Restoration.

In this week's episode I look at one of my favorite training methods for General Physical Preparation (GPP) as well as restoration and recovery.

I find that the older I get, the more I need to focus my training on restoration and recovery to keep me making progress with my heavy workouts as well as promoting overall health.

This workout requires very little equipment, a pair of light Indian clubs from http://www.motionrx.com and a heavy club from http://www.adexclub.com, a pair of light kettlebells and either a bamboo or iron brush (if you are new to body conditioning with the brushes start with the bamboo brush, honestly that is probably all you'll need.)

This workout can take anywhere from 10-20 minutes to complete, which is why I never buy the "I just don't have time to exercise" excuse, and begins with Indian club exercises for the wrists, elbows and shoulders; then moves on to a double kettlebell circuit that hits every muscle in the entire body - front squats, push-ups, 1-arm rows, squat thrusts, 1/2 snatch, clean & press, clean, and swings (for restoration I recommend 1-3 circuits of 3-5 reps for each exercise); and finishes with beating the entire body with the bamboo or iron brush for a "health massage", where I like to do 3-5 passes over each body part.



I hope you enjoyed this week's episode and if you have any questions or suggestions for future show topics please leave them in the comments section below the video.


Stay Strong AND Healthy,

-Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment