Friday, September 2, 2016

Strength & Health TV - Episode 38: "Pre-Hab" Exercises for Restoration and Injury Prevention.

In this episode I talk about some of my favorite "pre-hab" exercises I use in my training and the training of my clients, lifters and athletes.

I first learned of the concept of the types of exercises from articles written by Louie Simmons of Westside Barbell and Dave Tate owner of Elite FTS, who was also a member of Westside Barbell.

Basically the pre-hab exercises should be done with bands or light weight for very high repetitions at the end of a workout or later in the day after the main training session, with the primary goal being restoration and injury prevention.

Generally for the the upper body I like to do some sort of pushdown, usually with bands, and some sort of upper back / shoulder / rotator cuff exercise. For the lower body I like to do some sort of leg curl, usually with bands or ankle weights, and some sort of hip extension. 

A general rule of thumb I stick to on this movements is to shoot for 100-200 reps in as few sets as possible.

In this video I demonstrate some of my favorite pre-hab exercises with bands.

I hope you enjoy this week's video and if you have any questions please contact me or leave them in the comments section below.




Stay Strong AND Healthy,

-Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment