Friday, September 11, 2015

Scott Shetler's Strength and Health TV - Episode 8: Restoration and Recovery.

In this week's episode I talk about restoration and recovery and why I feel these methods are under-utilized. One of my mentors Dr. Ed Thomas has said that "fitness shouldn't hurt" and that training should be restorative.

I think this becomes even more important as we age, as I know many people who cannot train at high intensitites very frequently due to not being able to recover from heavy training like they could when they were younger.

I also talk about the appropriate recovery methods to implement for sympathetic or parasympathetic dominance.

We need to become smarter about our training and having a good handle on restoration and recovery measures is the first step.

I hope you enjoy this week's episode and if you have any questions or suggestions for future topics please leave them in the comments section below!



Stay Strong AND Healthy,

-Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment