Friday, October 16, 2015

Strength and Health TV - Episode 13: My Journey to Westside Barbell & Bonus Episode 13.5.

In this week's episode I recap some of the information I learned from Louie Simmons when one of my athletes and I visited him at his Westside Barbell Club in Columbus, OH a couple of weeks ago.

I've been a fan of Louie's work for over 10 years now and have benefitted tremendously from the information he's shared through is videos, books, and website. I've used his methods extensively, and with great success, with many of the athletes, lifters and clients I've trained over the years and getting to work with him in person was amazing.

Not only did he work with us on my athlete's strength and conditioning preparation for his 2016 Olympic Trials but I got to work with him on my own training as well.

Louie has more knowledge combined with practical experience than anyone I've ever met and it was an absolute honor to train with him. He and everyone else at Westside were very gracious with their time and very informative. I can't wait to go back!

I hope you enjoyed this week's episode and be sure to check out Episode 13.5 - a bonus video I put together of the chair deadlift Louie taught me to help with building my deadlift technique and strength.



In this week's bonus video I am demonstrating an exercise Louie Simmons taught me to help improve my technique and build strength in the deadlift. This is an exercise he developed to help strengthen and utilize the hips and he suggested that after watching me work up in the deadlift and saw that as the weights got heavier I started using my legs and back and wasn't pulling back into the deadlift enough to engage my hips.

This exercise is brilliant and has already helped me improve my technique dramatically.

I hope you enjoy the video and be sure to give this a shot to see if it will benefit your deadlift as well.

Stay Strong AND Healthy!

Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment